Day 28 - Beach walk

 

                            

Ah, it was stunning! Did a 12km walk on this beach this morning with a friend who has just returned from 2 years overseas. Our older daughters are in the same class so we have bonded over the challenges of pre-teens and now teens and also a love of exercise. Most of our long chats happen over hikes on the mountain and v. long speedy walks on the beach. We started off in the rain today but were not going to let that (or the incoming tide which drenched our shoes) put us off. We were rewarded with a beautiful day and exhausted (but happy) selves. It was so awesome to catch up and feel connected again over something we both love. 

Also so awesome not to be hungover on a Saturday morning - that NEVER gets old. I think this will be by modus operandi going forward - planning some activity bright and early on Saturday morning that will keep me focused through the chatter that starts up in my head on Friday afternoon/evening ("Wait, it is the weekend, why am I not drinking again??" "Because Idiot, all those million reasons AND you want to feel good for activity with so-and-so tomorrow!") Somehow that shuts the argument down, then I am tired and happy (and slightly smug) on Saturday eve and no such self-sabotaging thoughts cross my mind.....and ta-da! The weekend is taken care of.

After the walk, I managed to have a bath, eat lunch and then fall into a 3 hour afternoon coma (nap). So did not exactly tax myself. But I have plans for tomorrow to do some de-cluttering (I live with 3 hoarders so it is a constant one-woman battle against the rising tide of "stuff"). It has been hanging over me for a while as I walk past certain rooms pretending I cannnot see teetering piles of miscellaneous crap. I think I often get overwhelmed by the thought of sorting it ALL out and then have to go and lie down to recover instead of actually doing anything. My ingenious plan tomorrow is to tackle just one room so that I can at least feel like I am starting to make some inroads into this gargantuan task, Hopefully this will make it all feel more manageable. Definitely want my environment to reflect more calm and order rather than the reigning chaos that has been the theme of this year up until....uh, a month ago. 

Right, time for more sleep now - husband has already been informed that he best prepare himself for much moaning and whining re- aching muscles tomorrow.

Xx


 

Comments

Popular Posts